Thursday, December 26, 2013

Shipping woes


Quick word about shipping problems this year. I've used catalogs, Monkey Wards, mail order, phone order, book clubs, Internet, online, etc, etc, etc. over the years. Once I even bartered services(not the proudest day of my life, but you do what you have to do to make Christmas dreams come true) and very seldom had any problems.

Sadly, this year there were 9 or more rain checks on the tree. Everyone of them related to shipping issues. Stuff still isn't here. The problems occurred beyond the vendors' doors when the parcels were picked up by the carriers. Every vendor has bent over backwards to help. I've had shipping refunded and gift cards offered for my trouble. I'm sure everything will get here. The moment was spoiled mostly for Carson who trusted me to get the stuff here on time so the spoiled Christmas was my fault.

I remember a Christmas back in '97 when all I really wanted was to live through the next week, have that surgery, last longer than the 3 days Dad did after his bypass, and live to hear my daughter say daddy. She's 17 now, and doesn't even realize that every time she unloads on me, shouts, calls me names, loses her temper(ever her father's daughter) even if I get angry, it is just one more wish in my life that has come true beyond all my expectations. Pretty sweet trade off if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment