Monday, December 15, 2014

Newest version of the tale....



Every couple of years I get a call, a letter, once even a rock through the window, from my old traveling companion and frequent fellow Luddite, Kinney. Most often it is a request for the temporary loan of funds for this or that best left unmentioned  business venture. I still consider my investment in the early beginnings of the weasel based electric grid a sound choice even if I've yet to begin profiteering.

Recently he claimed he wanted to "touch up" the tale of the Christmas potato. At first...there was hesitance on my part, yet when Kinney said it was already a done deal and ready for posting how could I argue with him. He assured me his buddies,  Eddie & Julian,  would see it was shared one way or the other. He reminded me that over the last almost 60 years there was ample material shared between the two of us that if released would make the Sony kerfuffle seem like children's playground gossip and intrigue.

So....for your enjoyment here is Kinney's new take on the old tale now after 30 years of retelling. The story is presented for audition purposes only. Kinney makes no claim of ownership over the material other than the obvious stuff that could only come from the wrinkled gray mass that is his imagination. His "assistant" (someone I've never met, who's description changes constantly as does his/her name) is responsible for the art and creative touches and who told Kinney, "If it is posted in the cyberspace I feel free to borrow as long as I never profit from it or claim it has my own work. Borrowage is the stuff that makes the world go round, the world go round."




No comments:

Post a Comment